Following the spirit of CGA Belgrade Conference, Serbia Film Commission organizes Training for Maya Technical Directors. This 5 day Maya TD course is designed for the current CG industry professionals who would like to expand their technical understanding of Maya and how best to utilize its advanced features to build efficient and robust CG pipelines. These valuable skills will support their career growth, as well as prepare them to tackle more complex and challenging projects going forward.
When: November, 19th-23rd, 2018.
Lecturer: Serguei Kalentchouk
Working language: English. Number of participants limited.
What you will learn:
This course will guide you through following topics:
- Maya Architecture: DG and DAG, Referencing and Assets, Geometry and Deformers, Parallel Evaluation
- Introduction to Maya commands and basic MEL
- Introduction to Python programming language, Python for pipeline development
- Programming with Python in Maya: Maya Commands, Classes and PyMel
- GUI development with PySide
- Introduction to Maya API and Plugins: Python API 2.0, Introduction to Callbacks, Developing a Python Plugin
- A brief look at Alembic & USD
Who is this course for:
- experienced Maya artists working in studios or freelance that want to increase their technical knowledge and career towards TD role
- Professionals from the industry with good Maya knowledge and different levels of python scripting
Course goal is to advance skills of VFX Artists toward taking the role of Maya Technical Director and support their career step up within studios.
Serguei Kalentchouk has worked in the CG industry since 2005. Serguei started his career as a modeler and texture artist at Ubisoft Montreal, shortly after graduating from the Vancouver Film School, 3D Animation & Visual Effects program. Serguei quickly developed a keen interest in improving the workflow of the digital content creation process, moving into a newly emerging role of the Technical Artist at the studio. In 2009 Serguei made a transition from video games to animation and has spent the last decade working as a Technical Director at Disney Animation, Digital Domain, and DreamWorks Animation. Currently Serguei works as a Supervising Technical Director at The Mill in New York.
To attend training please submit your registration through THIS LINK.
Deadline: November 12, 2018
Registration fee: 150,00 EUR