The main focus of the Animator is to create high-quality character/creature animation for feature films within the Crater studio pipeline using commercial and proprietary software and tools. It is necessary to use Maya software and Mel programming language. Good knowledge of the principles of classical animation and anatomy of humans and animals, as well as good drawing skills, are also required.
• Performs all aspects of animation;
• Rigging knowledge is a bonus;
• Takes part in client reviews;
• Visually and analytically solves problems in 3-dimensional space, including accurate interpretation of 3D layouts and analysis of 3D form;
• Collaborates with TD Maya position and artists to get the animation ready within the given deadline.
Apply here: http://bit.ly/2K6wgmn
Life at Crater
If you’re not ready to get out of your comfort zone and work on your skills every single day, you’re going to have a very hard time at Crater. But if you’re looking to become a world-class artist and gain incredible experience, then working at Crater will be like coming home. When our artists move on from Crater, they go on to work in A-list places such as Double Negative, Weta Digital, ILM, Sony, MPC and the like.