Mad Head Games is hiring
Are you well-versed in all the nuances of computer-generated special effects, especially in video games? Have you got skills and know-how to use all the necessary tools to create amazing VFXs worthy of AAA game development? Mad Head Games has a position that can suit your abilities perfectly!
What will you be doing as a Mad Head?
- Design and develop eye-catching visual effects for characters and levels in Unreal Engine
- Create particles, materials, sprite sheets, and textures to add atmosphere and depth to the gameplay
- Create visual effects for the needs of in-game cinematics
- Optimize effects to make them game-ready
- Set materials with special properties
- Collaborate with cross-discipline teams
What do we expect from our ideal candidate?
- 2 years of experience as a VFX artist in the film, marketing or game industry
- Knowledge of engines (primarily Unreal, possibly Unity) and their particle editors
- Ability to work independently, or with minimal supervision
- Understanding the technical limits of VFX in the gaming industry
- Strong feel for gameplay aesthetics and the overall impression of how a good game should be created
It would be a plus if you have:
- Knowledge of 3D software (3DS Max, Maya, Blender)
- Knowledge of 2D animation programs (After Effects, Nuke)
- Knowledge of programs and plug-in elements for simulations (Houdini, FumeFX)
- The possibility of independent creation of textures used in visual effects
- Previous experience in working on AA / AAA games
In return, here is what we can give:
- A dynamic and extremely upbeat workplace like you have never seen before
- Flexible working hours: sleep in or run errands before work – we trust you with your time
- Chance to work with senior professionals and teams from the field
- Ongoing education and training: Self-improvement is a priority so conferences, classes, workshops, courses (external and internal) are all part of the package!
- Community events: we are heavily involved in developing startup, tech and gaming ecosystems – and will include you into it!
Apply to this position by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject “Application for VFX artist”