Maya Technical Director ideally should be a Maya expert. Maya TD will provide support related to Maya, scene layout, tracking, matchmoving, rigging, animation, modeling, lighting, dynamics, simulations, and will implement new tools and processes for a particular vfx or animation project or department.
- Strong working knowledge of Maya is a must
- Production experience in scene layout, rigging, animation, lighting, dynamics is an advantage
- MEL/Python scripting experience is an advantage
- Strong understanding of the CG production process
- Exceptional communication and organizational skills and good problem-solving skills, both technical and artistic
- Ability to multitask, work under pressure, ability to teach/mentor, establish priorities, work independently or in a group, delegate tasks and work with minimal supervision.
- Good written and spoken English language communication skills are an advantage.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Support and works in a team with modelers, animators, lighters, texture artists & compositors to ensure shots are delivered to the highest standard and deadlines are met in an effective and efficient manner.
- Assist artists in troubleshooting project and pipeline related issues.
- Work closely with the VFX Supervisor, department leads, coordinators and producers to implement, maintain and improve the production pipeline.
- Assist in training and mentoring entry level and junior staff.
- Reports to the VFX Supervisor.
Please send your reel and resume to: email@example.com